The Sixth form has been judged to be OUTSTANDING in all categories by Ofsted, twice!
- The level of care and guidance is second-to-none. Students are always full of praise for the care and guidance that they’re given, not only by teachers who know them and their needs but also by a range of support staff.
- Size matters. As a Sixth Form of 200 students we’re big enough to offer a wide range of subjects and combinations but small enough to offer individual care, guidance and support.
- Sacred Heart Joining forces with Sacred Heart Catholic High School gives you access to a great range of courses and combinations, as well as an enhanced enrichment programme.
- It’s good fun. Although Sixth Form involves hard work, year-on-year our students manage to cope with their workload and still have fun.
- Friendships You’ll build on the friendships you already have and make a load of new ones as you’ll mix in a number of different groups. Our students always praise the positive spirit and sense of camaraderie that exists here.
- Curriculum choice Through collaborating with our sister school, Sacred Heart, we can offer an unrivalled range of subjects and combinations.
- Experienced staff Staff are experienced not only in delivering a wide range of courses to a high standard but also in teaching boys.
- We care:you care Not only is there fantastic support and care for our students, but you are given loads of opportunities to show how much you care for those less fortunate. This is part of our distinctive ethos as a Sixth Form.
- Progression We have excellent progression routes onto a variety of highly rewarding professions.
- Exam stuff Our Sixth Form results are consistently amongst the best of all the state schools in the North East and we regularly feature in Best Schools tables because of the hard work our students and staff put in. Outstanding results matter because it makes it much easier for you to progress onto the next stage of your career.
Comments from last year’s Sixth Form students (no – they weren’t paid to say this stuff)
Staying on was definitely the right choice. The courses are well taught and the teachers take pleasure in seeing you succeed and grow as a student.
I am happy that I chose to continue to study at St Cuthbert’s as knowing everyone around the place has made me feel more at home.
I’m glad I stayed here and didn’t move to another Sixth Form. A friend of mine moved and he has always regretted it.
The Sixth Form is excellent for helping people reach their full potential. The teachers are excellent.
Excellent. The Sixth Form gets some of the best results in the area and has good values as well as a friendly atmosphere.
I’m very happy here. There’s mutual respect between students and staff.
There’s a good atmosphere with good teachers and an excellent support structure.
Good crack with the lads.
There is great support … it’s a friendly place.
The teachers are friendly and approachable and always do their best to help a student, no matter what the problem is.
I really like the atmosphere, the friendly staff and the realisation that there’s always somebody to help you.
I like the Sixth Form spirit and unity.
The school provides excellent care if any assistance is needed.
I really like this Sixth Form. There’s loads of personal support available.